My Bible Guides wants to encourage our youngest members to store God’s word in their hearts! All the memory verses for My Bible Guides are being put to music to aid in memorization. The student's Bible activity book has a daily memory verse activity to encourage you and your child to practice the memory verse. In addition, the daily Bible study throughout the week repeatedly brings the weekly memory verse into focus. This introduces your child to the power of God’s word in multiple situations while reinforcing the memorization of the verse.
My Bible Guides would like to share a few samples of the new musical memory verses with you! Listen to the samples below and send us an email at SSPMinfo@gc.adventist.org to let us know what you think!
Calling All Songwriters (and aspiring composers)
The General Conference Sabbath School Department is looking for volunteers to write Scripture songs for the new My Bible Guides Sabbath School curriculum. We want sing-able Scripture songs for each week’s memory verse for the children’s Sabbath School lessons.
Use your musical gifts to help young hearts tune in to God’s Word!
- Songs must be original compositions (not arrangements).
- Songs must be simple and easy to learn.
- Songs must aid in scripture memorization.
- Songs must be cheerful and tuneful.
- Songs can have an international sound.
- Lyrics to Bible verses can vary slightly to accommodate tune.
- The Bible reference should be included in the song.
- The composer agrees to transfer copyright ownership of the song to the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.
For a list of guidelines and verses that need to be put into song:
For more information, call 575-513-7693 or complete the form below.